Add content here...
HILL'S PET NUTRITION -- ASSOCIATE MANAGER/MANAGER SCIENTIFIC AFFAIRS
Qualified and interested individuals may apply at www.hillspet.com, job # 21441
Hill’s Pet Nutrition is a $2.3 Billion, global division of Colgate-Palmolive Company and the maker of Prescription Diet, Science Diet, Ideal Balance and Healthy Advantage brand pet food. Our mission is to help enrich and lengthen the special relationship between people and their pets by providing the best, leading-edge pet nutrition technology, products and expertise to pet owners, veterinary professionals and other key pet professionals worldwide. Our company is a globally recognized Best Place to Work.
The Associate Manager/ Manager Scientific Affairs is based out of our global headquarters in Topeka, KS, and is a part of the U.S. Professional & Veterinary Affairs team. This position is responsible for scientific leadership that results in endorsement and active recommendation of Hill’s products and is the scientific voice for Hill’s U.S. This position ensures that Hill’s is recognized as a scientific and innovative leader in the veterinary profession and plays an integral role in ensuring that veterinary practitioners and specialists understand and have current scientific information about Hill’s products and programs. The individual in this position will have a very influential role with Key Thought Leaders, building relationships, managing feeding trials, developing specialist education materials and developing/managing programs that elevate Hill’s as Key Thought Leader partner of choice.
Key Responsibilities include:
- Creates training and tools for the Professional Consulting Veterinarian activities/relationships to educate and influence veterinary specialists in academia and private practice
- Develops and delivers scientific presentations that educate veterinary healthcare teams about the science behind Hill’s products
- Enhances nutrition education of the US Professional & Veterinary Affairs team through training VCS (Veterinary Consultation Services) clinicians and Professional Consulting Veterinarians on Hill’s product science
- Develops specialist level clinic seminars and serves as scientific voice at key customer meetings and veterinary conferences
- Partners with marketing to provide customer insight and technical support for developing and current Hill’s products and programs; and to develop/support marketing programs/communications to drive specialist endorsement
- Communicates Hill’s new scientific developments as an internal Key Thought Leader while attending scientific meetings and national vet conferences/congresses.
- Builds and upholds relationships with Key Thought Leaders/specialists and shares newest scientific information that supports recommendation and 3rd party endorsement of Hill’s
- Represents Hill’s in the US market as the nutrition expert during conflicts and concerns from key veterinary customers
- Provides technical, product-related information and answers scientific, product-related and nutrition questions as needed for the U.S. marketing, CDO (Customer Development Organization) and PVA (Professional Veterinary Affirs) teams
- Leverages current information on Hill’s scientific developments from Global PVA A technical leads for US initiatives and products launches
- DVM or equivalent with current veterinary license and a minimum of 7 years experience in clinical practice or academic affairs
- If a veterinary specialist, minimum of 4 years in residency training and/or clinical practice
- Animal health industry experience
- Experience as a board member of a specialty college
- Highly competitive pay and benefits package that starts the first day of employment (medical/dental/vision)
- Annual tuition reimbursement up to $10,000
- Opportunities for training and advancement
- Professional, ethical, drug free environment